Friday, March 18, 2011

Deleting a channel?

Hi,

I've recently got a 40' Samsung Series 6 and I want to know and how to delete channels that were created via the auto-store?

It has duplicate channels and I simply want to remove them as I do not like have to flicker through channels I already have defined elsewhere.

I've looked through the manual, the web and the Menu of the TV and I cannot find anything on how to do this?

Can you please help?

Thanks.

T.

Reply 1 : Deleting a channel?

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

Page 37 lists how to erase and add channels that were loaded during the auto-tune function. This should help get rid of those unwanted channels.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Reply 2 : Deleting a channel?

Hi does anybody know how to block adult channels on freeview on my samsung lcd tv. the model number is sp01.
Ive tried but cannot seem to work it out and i have just become a foster carer and would like to keep the children in my care safe.
Any help would be so greatful
Thank you.

Reply 3 : Deleting a channel?

As far as I can see at http://www.freeview.co.uk/ freeview is a hardware box, totally independent of your TV. That box lets you choose from channels, and any channel you choose is just displayed on the TV, be it a Samsung or a LG or a Sony. So blocking channels (or password protecting them) should be done via the box. How to do that should be in the freeview manuals and help stuff.

It might matter what kind of subscription you have: normal, HD, or +HD. If you can tell that, maybe one of our UK members knows more about the blocking.

Kees

Reply 4 : Deleting a channel?

Well I use Freeview myself so next time I am using it I will check the options, but I found this at Freeview's own web site;

"Does Freeview have a parental lock facility?

All programmes are broadcast without viewing restrictions. Some digital boxes and TVs have a parental lock included in their specification which will enable you to control what can be viewed. We recommend speaking to your local retailer for more information
".

http://www.freeview.co.uk/Resolutions/About-Products/General/Does-Freeview-have-a-parental-lock-facility

So it looks like it depends which digital box you have.

Mark

Reply 5 : Deleting a channel?

I have the same problem, I have a unc55 6400 series. In the tools there is no DELETE option. My series 6 LED tv user manual has photos and playing multiple files on page 37???

Reply 6 : Deleting a channel?

did you get an answer because p37 doesnt help me at all??

No comments:

Post a Comment