Saturday, March 26, 2011

XPS L502 Comes with Chicklet Keyboard

Man... I got my XPS 15 L501 less than 6 months ago, and they've already changed the design slightly. The new ones have chicklet style keyboards that I'm quite fond of (I like the extra space between the keys).



Does anyone know:
  1. Can I replace the keyboard on my L501 with the new chicklet style keyboard shipping with the L502?
  2. And if so... how difficult is it? (I'm quite comfortable working on desktop PCs... not much experience breaking down laptops)

Reply 1 : XPS L502 Comes with Chicklet Keyboard

It may be possible, but I noticed some differences between the keyboard mounts and connections when taking apart both of them. The metalloid aluminum cover is also a slightly different color and may be a little different as well due to the different connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment