Thursday, March 17, 2011

G73JH A1 - Temps

Playing Arcania last night at full settings and my 5870m running at 800/1100 with Drivers 11.2 Catalyst and every couple of minutes the screen froze and the driver reset itself and then it was ok again for another 5-10 minutes. I reset the clocks to 700/1000 and it seemed to stop doing it although I only played for 20 minutes.



At Idle 800/1100 im running at 48-50oC



Ran Furmark with HWINFO32 for 5 mins and got these results under full burn:



GPU OI: 92.5oC

GPU C: 79oC

GPU Mem: 90oC



Are these temps ok or should I think about repasting? Was it just that I was overclocking that I got the driver resetting because of the heat? Im happy at 700/1000 to be honest just like the extra oompf.

Reply 1 : G73JH A1 - Temps

To quote a friend of mine




Quote:








Originally Posted by DCx


if your temps are under 98 degrees for ALL of your sensors (which are all on the GPU die), you're fine



lol



G73JH Repaste Collective Summary



And btw that game just mustnt like those clocks thats all. It probably wasnt because of the heat. For example my OC works pretty well but say I want to play SCII with an OC (only once have I and that was for testing purposes), I cant play past 820/1150 as the game just crashes and/or my driver crashes and has to reset itself.

Reply 2 : G73JH A1 - Temps

Thanks for the advice, looking at others temps mine dont seem to bad then and reapplying paste might only get me a few oC than what im on especially as that was on Furmark Burn as well.

Reply 3 : G73JH A1 - Temps

What bothers me with your temps is that you have such a wide range, as in +/- 10C. That tells me the paste has degraded.

Reply 4 : G73JH A1 - Temps

"At Idle 800/1100 im running at 48-50oC"



? Do you live in an igloo? I dont believe those figures are possible at those clocks.

Reply 5 : G73JH A1 - Temps

Why not? At no load the chip isn't cooking

Reply 6 : G73JH A1 - Temps

i got one question guys... i runned furmark 1.9.0 at 800/1100 fullscreen 1920*1080 no AA for 18 minutes..... the new furmark comes with GPUZ embedded i think... so i runned gpuz with furmark... the question is... GPU-Z showz 98-99C and furmark showed only 84-85c soo which one should i trust??? i am confused



can anyone give me an advice??

Reply 7 : G73JH A1 - Temps


Quote:








Originally Posted by slamming
View Post

"At Idle 800/1100 im running at 48-50oC"



? Do you live in an igloo? I dont believe those figures are possible at those clocks.



I live in England I assure you that is possible and I keep my room temperature quite low as well. Its normally around 50oC.

Reply 8 : G73JH A1 - Temps


Quote:








Originally Posted by Chastity
View Post

What bothers me with your temps is that you have such a wide range, as in +/- 10C. That tells me the paste has degraded.



I've done my paste 4x now, and have done tonnes of other paste jobs in the past (for desktops, though...). And I've got a +7 on memIO. Looking at my heatsink, it has some deep gouges, and I bet that one of those gouges is right over MemIO - leading to a slower rate of cooling in that area.



So it may not be your paste. It might be ... but are you going to get a significantly better experience by repasting? I doubt it. In fact, you may not see any real difference at all.



But, Chastity is right. You could get better temps by repasting. But you're probably also fine as is. If you've got at least a 1yr warranty, then I wouldn't worry too much - anything likely to fail, ought to do so within a year... anything that fails outside that 1yr timeline would probably fail no matter how cool it was kept, and your temps are decent to begin with... though, it is relatively easy to repaste. But, if you repaste, you run a risk of damaging your components (a very small risk, if you're careful)... but if you don't repaste, you run no risk.






Quote:







i got one question guys... i runned furmark 1.9.0 at 800/1100 fullscreen 1920*1080 no AA for 18 minutes..... the new furmark comes with GPUZ embedded i think... so i runned gpuz with furmark... the question is... GPU-Z showz 98-99C and furmark showed only 84-85c soo which one should i trust??? i am confused



can anyone give me an advice??


Sounds like my temps w/o an OC; run HWinfo or ATI Clock tool and you'll get a reading of all 3 sensors on the chip. GPU-Z can read all three, but displays the highest. Furmark displays only the Core Temp (arguably the most important one).

Reply 9 : G73JH A1 - Temps


Quote:








Originally Posted by Chastity
View Post

Why not? At no load the chip isn't cooking



I just have never seen or experiences such low temperatures even at stock. Add to the fact that it is overclocked quite high, and its even more unbelievable.



Must be a really cold room is all im saying. In beach weather over here, i dont idle less than 60 ever, and i have repasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment