Thursday, March 17, 2011

I think Dell made a mistake in my favor

For some reason I thought the L502X XPS 15 systems didn't have a TV Tuner by Default.



I guess I was wrong, or they made a mistake. I didn't order one, and I got one. Did I miss read something??



I'm messing around right now with the sytem un-installing all the Dell Stage Crap and back up stuff....I should just do a Format/re-install of windows.



But I'm unfamiliar with the Intel monitor at the top and such.



Tinkering around now...but just wanted to ask about the TV Tuner thing.



Thanks!!!

Reply 1 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor

It's not standard in the USA. I paid $50 for it I think. The intel monitor at the top is just a little program to show the core speed of the # 0 core on the processor. Just showing you if you are going into turbo boost pretty much.

Reply 2 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor

Ok they did make a mistake then. Ill check the other specs to see if any others are different tonight. The TV tuner wasnt on the packing slip either.

Reply 3 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor

Do you have the TV Tuner connector at the back of the xps right next to the power cable? Did you receive the two TV Tuner cables in the box? I find it odd that they would mess up that bad, as the TV Tuner adds another port on the back and I think they use a completely different backplate because of it. I'm not 100% sure but I don't remember seeing it on my L501x without a tuner.

Reply 4 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor


Quote:








Originally Posted by NoSlow5oh
View Post

Do you have the TV Tuner connector at the back of the xps right next to the power cable? Did you receive the two TV Tuner cables in the box? I find it odd that they would mess up that bad, as the TV Tuner adds another port on the back and I think they use a completely different backplate because of it. I'm not 100% sure but I don't remember seeing it on my L501x without a tuner.



You got the antenna AND a cable/adapter? Man -- am I the only one that didn't get the adapter?! And Dell doesn't have it in stock!!! Bone heads.

Reply 5 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor

YES....I got both!! The cable adapter AND the port is in the back!! It was inside the Power Cable box!



All other specs are the same as ordered....except they didn't include a Windows 7 Install Disc, so I have to wait for that before I do a re-install of the OS.

Reply 6 : I think Dell made a mistake in my favor


Quote:








Originally Posted by joehempel
View Post

YES....I got both!! The cable adapter AND the port is in the back!! It was inside the Power Cable box!



All other specs are the same as ordered....except they didn't include a Windows 7 Install Disc, so I have to wait for that before I do a re-install of the OS.



Just download it. It's perfectly legal to do so if you have a valid license. I downloaded the one linked to here, and I can confirm that the hash of the .iso matches exactly the one listed on Microsoft TechNet, so it is legit.



Download Windows 7 SP1 ISO (Original Untouch Integrated Image) My Digital Life

No comments:

Post a Comment