Thursday, April 21, 2011

iPod Touch Unable to Connect to Internet via Ad Hoc in Vista

(I know this seems vague but I'll list my system/software specs below)

I can't figure out what's going wrong here. I can create a wireless Ad Hoc network that works fine for stuff like using my iPod as a wireless mouse, but I can't get on the internet via ICS, even though I've gone in to both my internet connection & the Ad Hoc itself, enabled ICS in the sharing tab & made sure that my ip's were all auto instead of static in IP4 & IP6.

I thought it might be a firewall thing but as far as I can tell I've configured it right.

Could it be my internet serivce provider or something?

Here are my vitals:

COMPUTER
Hp Pavilion Dv5t-1000cto
Windows Vista Home Premium Svc Pk 2 32 bit
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Windows Live Essentials Antivirus
Windows Defender Firewall

INTERNET PROVIDER
Virgin Mobile Broadband
Novatel Virgin Mobile USB Modem
Model # MC760 VMU
1XRTT/EV-DO
3G connection speed

IPOD
iPod Touch 2nd Gen
Software Version 4.2.1

Reply 1 : iPod Touch Unable to Connect to Internet via Ad Hoc in Vista

Here I use a similar setup but used ICS. Then I hooked the ethernet port to a wifi router.

I don't write more than this since you must be adept at networking to maintain such a system.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment